Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Graveyard Shift

Last year during the crazy snow storms of 2008, I was having the most insane insomnia. I just couldn't sleep, and I found nothing better to do then drink a mixture of passion flower, lavender and mugworth. Which helps the first few days, but then kept me awake in a zombie state. The mugworth, which is supposed to help lucid dreaming, started acting up, making me more like a lucid lunatic.
As the am hours passed, I was tired of doing nothing, I would spend the night on the computer not really knowing what to do with myself. I was listening to my friend's band, which happen to have insomnia also at the time. I was completely exhausted from photoshoping things for etsy ( I just opened my account back then, I spend countless hours on photoshop from february till june ) I opened up a picture I took a few weeks ago in this abandoned tunnel in Montreal. I was messing around with the picture, listening to this tune, then I got the idea... I'll make a video!!! All still images, photo-manipulated into photoshop. And there is was, my insomnia gone worst, the weeks on sleep deprivation that followed for the few weeks I work on this video at night ( and still went to work during the day! ).

Working on the images, one by one, modifying the, it started to look a little bit like this:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Now just randomize the order, try to make it fit with a beat... I just hope you don`t have epilepsy...

Making everything fit on the beat, without a proper video editing program was the biggest challenge in this video.

So here is the video in question. Its mostly all photographs of random places in Montreal, with a couple of cheap video footage of trains done with my video camera.

Enjoy...

Graveyard Shift - Debauch Sophisticates

No comments:

Post a Comment